Sunday, December 27, 2009

 

GPCi for Jan 9th 2010 release at the LCBO

Happy New Year to everyone! May it be a year with nothing but good health and lots of not expensive yet unbelievable amazing wines.
I've learned over the years that after the holidays, the LCBO brings very good QPR wines and this coming release is no exception.
All the recommended wines this time are under $20 (!).

Also, I have open a new Twitter account called WineGPCi in which I write short wine notes of wines I have enjoyed recently. Feel free to join me there too...



U.S.A. – California
2008 MÉNAGE À TROIS CHARDONNAY (Folie à Deux) - $19.95
GPCi
- I had their Zin for the past few years and really liked it (especially the '98 that Todd R brought me once) but I've never tried their Chardonnay. Worth trying.

Chile
2009 ANAKENA SINGLE VINEYARD VIOGNIER - $12.95
GPCi
- Liked other wines from Anakena and I love Viognier and for $13 - no brainer - definitely worth trying.

2008 TABALÍ RESERVA SAUVIGNON BLANC - $12.95
GPCi
- Another one from Tabali. Chile is known for their Sauv Blanc. 2008 was a very good vintage in Chile (got 90 by RP) and for $13, another worth trying wine.

France – Alsace
2008 BESTHEIM RÉSERVE VIEILLES VIGNES RIESLING - $14.95
GPCi
- Old vines Riesling from Alsace for $15 - what's not to like, right John M? I would try it with a BBQ Pork Tenderloin (salt and pepper) as an opening dish.

Australia
2008 MITOLO JESTER CABERNET SAUVIGNON - $19.95
GPCi
- I had previous vintages and it's an excellent Cab Sauv for $20. Lots of dark fruit, full of flavors and yummy with steak.

Argentina
2008 TRIVENTO RESERVE SYRAH (Concha y Toro) - $12.95
2008 TRIVENTO RESERVE SYRAH/MALBEC (Concha y Toro) - $12.95
GPCi
- both wines got my attention because they are in Argentina but Concha y Toro from Chile are involved. I would expect it to be a lighter than usual Syrah for day-to-day consumption.

Chile
2007 LOS VASCOS CABERNET SAUVIGNON - $13.95 (MUST TRY!)
GPCi
- That's my #1 on the list of buying from this release. It's a great $14 Cab Sauv. I had previous vintages and it never failed for the buck. Buy 6-12 bottles.

2007 MONTGRAS QUATRO - $15.95 (TRY!)
RP=89 ; A blend of 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Malbec, 25% Syrah and 15% Carmenere.
GPCi - I had the 2005 and really enjoyed it. It's another very rewarding $16 wine. You get much more than $16 cost of wine. Try one and then, if you like it, buy 6-12 bottles.

France – Rhône
2007 QUEEN OF SYRAH COOL CLIMATE SYRAH (Cave de Tain)- $11.95
GPCi
- This is a very "new world" name for a French wine. It's from the very successful 2007 vintage and cost $12 - what else does it need to do in order to get our attention. I would definitely buy one and see what's the story behind this one...

Spain
2008 JUAN GIL GOS MONASTRELL - $12.95 (Must TRY!)
GPCi
- YES! YES! and YES! my number #2 on the must have list from this release. Excellent wine for $13 - very enjoyable and full of yumm in a glass! Stock 'em up.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?