Saturday, April 25, 2009

 

GPCi for May 2nd 2009 release at the LCBO

US (California)
2005 EBERLE WINERY STEINBECK VINEYARD SYRAH - $28.95
GPCi
- I had previous vintages from this winery and it was a good Syrah for the money. However, for almost $30 I'll skip this one and choose some of the alternatives from Tuscany for less.


Agrentina
2007 SANTA JULIA RESERVA CABERNET SAUVIGNON - $13.95
GPCi
- A good Cab Sauv for a good price. what's not to like. Expect lots of fruit and enjoy with a hefty lamb chop.


New Zealand
2007
TE AWA LEFT FIELD CHARDONNAY - $16.95
GPCi
- you've probably heard me saying it before - I haven't had the opportunity to drink a bad white wine from New Zealand... and I don't think this one will be the first. A nice Chardonnay for $17 to enjoy with this odd weather, is on my to-try list.


France (Bordeaux)
2003 CHÂTEAU LE BOURDIEU - $19.95 (Must Try !!!)
GPCi
- Any 2003 Bordeaux Medoc gets my attention and if it is in the $20 range, I will definitely try it. Drink now to 2012.


Spain
2006 MANGA DEL BRUJO - $17.95 (MUST TRY !!!)
RP=90+ until 2020
GPCi - the translation of this wine's name from Spanish is "The Sleeve of the Wizard". my #1 choice from this release as a "Must Try". It got good reviews. It can be cellared until 2020 and it's from Spain. Buy, buy, buy.


1999 MARQUÉS DE VALCARLOS GRAN RESERVA - $21.95 (MUST TRY)
GPCi
- had this in the past. A typical, traditional Gran Reserva Rijoa for a more than reasonable price. that's another one for me to try. You won't find too many 10 years old wines for $22.


Italy (Tuscany)
2006 CENNATOIO CHIANTI CLASSICO - $24.95

WS=90
GPCi - Very supportive review from WS. A fair price for a good Chianti from an outstanding vintage (RP gave the vintage 96!). I would buy 2-3 bottles.


2006 ROCCA DELLE MACÌE CAMPOMACCIONE MORELLINO DI SCANSANO - $18.95
GPCi
- 90% Sangiovese (=Morellino), 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot. Tony Aspler provided a good review for this full body wine. I would try one and decide whether to buy 3-6 bottles.


2005 FASSATI PASITEO VINO NOBILE DI MONTEPULCIANO - $24.95
GPCi
- since I visited Montepulciano, I fell in love with their wines. 2005 an excellent and consistent vintage. It's highly recommended by Decanter (4 out 5) with a drinking window of "Now to 2015". tempting...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?